Friday, January 20, 2012

How is Gavin doing?

FANTASTIC

This little guy of ours is so AWESOME!!!!  I am just Amazed at how well he is adjusting to this new way of life so quickly.

 Gavin is walking so much more here than he was in the orphanage.  
 He discovered playing with a big water bottle is sooooooo much FUN!!!
 Now that's a MILLION DOLLAR SMILE!!!
 I explained to Gav that with 7 kids in our family it is very important he learns how to do his own laundry.
 Drinking out of his new sippy cup like a CHAMP!!!  He is also eating so well!!  YAY!!!
 Loved his first tub bath.  I did make a note to wear full rain gear in the future!!!
 Happy, Happy Boy!!!
 After his tub he got right to work.  Climbing!!
 He made a quick call to his Daddy!!
 He reorganized my backpack.
 He was going to reorganize my suitcase but decided he just wasn't ready for that kind of commitment.
 But he was willing to investigate the hair product bag.
 After so much hard work it was time to sit with his big brother Nick for some serious snug time!  He pretty much fell right to sleep.   He fell asleep a little after 10 pm and woke up at 5 am.  He slept GREAT and woke up with a huge beautiful smile!!  I so thought about trying to get him to sleep a little bit more but that SMILE just won me over.  So up it was!!
 After breakfast we got all bundled up and went to the store with Conor.  I am pretty confident Gav has never been in a store before and he did FABULOUS!!  He looked around at everything and quickly found the cookies and pointed to all of them.  We bought 2 packs :)
Then we got home and played with all the plastic bags because that is sooo much FUN!!!
 So much fun that results in incredible heart warming smiles like this!!!
So much fun is very tiring for one little guy so nap time came in a hurry.  He is resting so peacefully that I will be joining him in about 5 minutes.  

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!  Thank you for all the PRAYERS for Gavin - obviously you can see that they are being heard and granted!!!  So Incredible!!!!



11 comments:

  1. my heart literally feels like it could burst with joy! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't know if i've ever commented before...but what a BLESSED family you are and what a blessed little boy is Gavin!!! thank you for sharing this miraculous story, and how AMAZING that Lyla has a family coming too!!!
    love and prayers from Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, he looks so at peace with you guys. He's a little thumb sucker, too cute!

    Watch out Owen and Sara this little dude is going to give you a run for the money with energy.

    I am beyond thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Summer,
    You must feel like the luckiest mom on the planet! He is precious. I love the way you are combing his hair. I can't wait to see him in pictures back home with your entire family.
    Another one rescued. The angels are celebrating!
    Sue H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! He is ADORABLE:o)

    I recognize that apartment;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been praying for this little boy since I first saw him on Reese's Rainbow. I am so happy for him and for you. He looks so happy and he is just so precious. Thank you for rescuing him. I can't wait to watch him blossom with your family. Sending you prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read each and every one of your posts about bringing Gavin home. His smile is so bright! Congratulations on bringing your boy home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the bathtub pictures, he just looks like he is having a great time. So many new adventures for Gavin and its great to hear that he's handling all of them so well. He is beautiful and sounds like such a happy guy. Enjoy every second. God bless from snowy Montana!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Summer I can not stop looking at DARLING-GAVIN!!!
    Beyond GRATEFUL for you, that you have a good time together!!!
    Love, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Summer! He looks SOOOO good! And lovin' the bathtub straight out of the orphanage?!?! That's awesome!! :-)

    ReplyDelete