Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yay Bellie!!!!!!

Oh My Gosh - I am freaking OUT!!!!!  I am the PROUDEST Mom!!!!  Our sweet little Princess who wouldn't even touch food with her hands weeks ago - IS FEEDING HER SELF!!!!  WOW!!!!  I have been putting food on her tray for 3 weeks now and she hasn't even been interested.  Well TODAY - I put some Angel Food cake on her tray.  I put her hand on the pieces knowing it would stick and put her little hand to her mouth.  We did this 3 times!!!  That's it - just 3 times!!!  Then this Amazing little girl just started doing it her self.  LIKE A CHAMP!!!  Like she has been doing it FOREVER!!!!  It is just so Amazing - Honestly we are just so BLESSED to witness such miraculous things!!!!! 

I am so very grateful that I am the Mom of this precious one!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Yay Bellie!! Jack and Dasha clapped along with you all and Jack has now learned to say "cake" from watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh Summer I'm soooo excited!! How sweet is she~!? You are truly blessed. Thank you so much for sharing your Bellie with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, we're clapping too!!! And dare I say a South Paw to boot???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY need to watch this with Ella with me because she WILL NOT do this!! I am so proud of Bellie for getting the hang of it so quickly. Ella just wants to throw everything on the floor!! I love how she finally smiled at the end....love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sitting here with tears dripping and perma-grin! YAY Bellie!! :*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer you family’s (your husband’s in particular) excitement over Bellie feeding herself made me laugh! I know how GREAT those moments feel when you are reaching what to most people think are “little” mild-stones but I was cheering with you!!! My husband Fred usually humors me and does a little clap your hubby did but no one gets excited over the “little” things like a Mom!!! Well maybe a Grandma!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer ~ You just weren't giving her the "right" food! After all, an "Angel" eats "Angel-Food"! I'm thrilled at how she's is growing and that everyone appears to be adjusting WELL! Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I have been a long time blog follower of yours but have never commented before. I have been following you before there was a "Bellie", when it was just all about Lyla! I have to tell you, I have tears in my eyes! She looks great and it is so exciting that she caught on to self feeding so quickly. You are so blessed but, so is she!

    Lydia
    lyd _ 1983 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. BRAVO BELLIE!!! What a BIG GIRL you are!!!
    We shout an EXCITED HURRAH from across the big water!!! all the Müllers

    ReplyDelete