Wednesday, August 11, 2010

No officer assigned yet

I called USCIS to check on the status of our application - our case has not been assigned an officer yet!

The USCIS rep I spoke with was very nice but states that she can not give me any type of time frame. 

I explained our URGENT situation, we need to have our approval to send to EE by October 1st!  If we don't - we will have to wait until February (Lyla's country is not accepting new dossiers between November and February)  and that means we wont even get to meet her until March or April!  The thought of that is just unbearable really - unacceptable and BRUTAL!!!!!!!

Please Pray for us that an officer will be assigned and we will get this process moving.  We have been so lucky through this Adoption journey so far and I refuse to lose Faith and Hope now.  

Behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it

I was just visiting another blog and look what was posted:

"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Phil. 4:6 (ESV)

Thank you Marianne  http://ahomefordarya.blogspot.com/2010/08/philippians-46.html, this is what I needed!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Summer! That verse has been the theme of my adoption process. The Lord continually reminds me of it! Everything is in His hands and nothing is a surprise to Him. I'm pretty sure you'll make your deadline :-) Just keep bugging USCIS, and if an officer hasn't been assigned to your file yet, see if you can request Officer Larson. We had our fingerprint appointments in about a week, went in early, and had our approval in 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAITH is not believing that GOD can, it is knowing that GOD WILL!!
    Just read this note on another blog...
    I keep PRAYING, dear Friend!!
    Be blessed, Christina

    ReplyDelete