Sunday, July 11, 2010

Did You Get A Letter From Us????

We have sent more letters out asking for financial help. Please understand that this is not easy for us at all. I understand that a lot of people might think we shouldn't adopt if we can't afford it our selves - I understand. But, it's not that we can't afford to take care of Lyla and the rest of our family - We most certainly can. It's just we don't have $24,000 on hand for the up front costs. Yes, we can take a loan and Yes, we might just have to but if we can get some help from our community, friends and family it would be such a HUGE HELP!!!


A question I get all the time is: "Why are you going out of the country - we have so many children here?". This is a GREAT question and I would like to answer. Dave and I are foster parents in Jamestown. We have had 7 foster children with us in 3 years. We have adopted 1 (Owen) and we are adopting another (Sara) in August or September of this year. So yes, we are aware and YES we have helped children in the USA and in our own community. Our experience adopting domestically has been AWESOME!!! We couldn't of picked 2 better children if we had the chance. These 2 little ones have enriched our lives like I will never be able to explain.

So why go out of the country now? Well, I found Reece's Rainbow in February and I knew I wanted to save a child with Down syndrome from an orphanage in Eastern Europe. I knew when I read how these sweet angels are treated and the sad life they are living - I HAD TO DO SOMETHING.  



I know these pictures are DEVASTATING 

 BUT I NEED TO SHARE WHY WE ARE SAVING LYLA




To know that at age 4 they are transferred to mental institutions and 90% of these transferred children will die in the first year. I COULD NOT TURN MY BACK!!!!

May 17th - I saw LYLA!!! That was it!!! I knew I wanted to be her MOM - I knew I would do what ever it would take to bring her home and begging for money was not excluded from "what ever it takes".


So please consider making a tax deductible donation to bring our precious little LYLA home! Please visit this site: www.reecesrainbow.org/sponsorspitz.html

No comments:

Post a Comment