Thursday, June 17, 2010

Waiting, waiting and more waiting.......

Just want to give you an update on where we are with our adoption.  Well unfortunately not too far.  Our home study that was done for Owen is not acceptable for an international adoption.  So it took me a couple days to find someone that could do the new one.  I was so excited when I spoke with Baker Victory and they not only said they could do it but they would take the info from our existing home study.  This will make it quicker and they wont have to charge us the complete fee of $1350.  This was great news!  Well - it's been a bit of an ordeal to get our home study released to them.  Finally I think we have done what we need to do to get it released and it should get to Baker Victory on Monday.  Then they will review and send us an application to work with them.  As soon as they receive application back from us and assign us to a social worker they will sign a paper that they send to reece's rainbow.  When reece's rainbow receives this we can be listed finally as "committed" to our little princess.  It will be then that I can post her picture and list some more details about her.  So this is where we stand.  It has been 9 days since our family made a commitment to bring her home.  It feels like FOREVER!!!!!!  I feel so helpless - I have a little girl that I already LOVE in an orphanage in another part of the world and there isn't anything I can do about it except WAIT!!!!  My heart just aches!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment